Nowadays, the focus on the growing number of overweight people, has led to define some very important parameters to determine and sustaining a healthy lifestyle.
One of these is certainly the ideal weight, defined as the weight that can allow the individual to live as long as possible and in a healthy way.
The ideal weight obviously depends on many other factors such as genetic diseases, disorders and other factors, but certainly can ensure a lower risk of diseases directly related to excess of weight such as diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular issues, skeletal damage, etc..
For many years, nutrition experts have been testing millions of people with very different physical characteristics, and have come to define mathematical formulas that allow to establish weight form, or otherwise, the ideal weight to achieve a certain 'physical wellness'.
The calculator on this site receives input data on height, age and sex and determines weight form using various formulas and showing the value found for each of them.
The search for the ideal weight is definitely a very positive, and there are thousands of Internet calculators as this can determine for each of us its ideal weight by simply entering a few data on forms related to their physical structure.
However, this 'may' be good enough for a person health, but there are certainly 'rough' for all those people who have problems not related to excess weight, but due to other factors.
Out of curiosity:
- Body weight is usually measured in kilograms, which give a measure of the mass of a person. Some countries (for example United States) use instead pounds, some others stones and pounds (United Kingdom).
- It seems that the term Ideal body weight, so-called IBW, was created by Devine in 1974, when he was studying the metabolism of certain drugs relate to IBW.
- Ideal Body Weight is used to select people who can partecipate to a specific challenge such as boxing, Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting. According to their body weight they are 'classified' in classes.
- Ideal Body Weight is also a lot used in medicine to determine obese patients. In fact, the excess or the reduced body weight is regarded as an indicator of determining a person's health.
- If are measuring the relative weight based on the mass and height of an individual, we are calculating something different, so-called BMI, or body mass index. They established BMI ranges from underweight to obesity to study whenever a person is healthy or not and estimate own risk factors for health problems.
The search for the ideal weight could be very useful, but must be said as well that the result obtained by this instrument is purely 'indicative' and can never replace a more accurate assessment obtained by medical examinations and consultations.
All the tools contained in these pages are tested directly by the site creators, so they correspond to actual user requests.
OnlineCalculators.Eu can't be held responsible for improper use of either own and third party provided results.
In no case or no event OnlineCalculators.Eu can't be liable for any direct or indirect damage, connected with or derived from the use of their own tools or search engine provided.
Although the results are accurate and coherent with the laws of math and science, please note that the results obtained cannot be used for official computations.